Saturday 29 September 2007

Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful, Hate Me Because I'm A Cunt.


First posted 1st July 2007


I've been thinking about hate recently, not from some prick making anonymous comments on my Blog I mean real bigoted hate.I grew up in a Presbyterian hoosehold and a protestant community. Catholics were frowned upon and were targeted for violence.
The brick through their window a 3 am firebomb, bottles filled with paint and thrown at their hoose or car the Ice cream man's van wasn't safe from fire one time.
The people that did these acts were in no way religious it was just an excuse, them against us the way their parents raised them to think by example and how everyone they knew reacted and thought.
They were yer people and if you didn't fit in you'd be a Catholic by proxy. For some reason the programming never took with me. I was different I could reason and think for myself. Catholics didn't have tails as my granny said they did, she lived in Sandy Row a part of Belfast where Protestants lived with political murals and thick necked thugs.
My mother coming from Ulster and my father from Scotland meant I lived in many places but they all seemed the same, Protestant enclaves with the same "Kick the Pope" marching bands .
In that world yer name means a lot, you can tell who is Protestant or Catholic by it. William Roberts would be Protestant while Kevin Maguire would be a Catholic.
My name was never so obvious and when people asked questions as to what I was I was always vague, my attitude was go fuck yerself I maybe from yer side but yer stupidity offends me, I was always a Catholic by proxy.
I don't hate Irish people or Catholics even though I was brought up to, those I hate are the terrorists and their supporters that have harmed my country and have killed people I know and would kill me given the chance.
They don't care who you are they care what you are. Catholic and Protestant paramilitaries, politicians and those who vote for them are on my shit list.
In my 20's I became friends with Catholics and saw them as people. I lost so-called protestant friends over this, the name Sean gets the same reaction from a hardline Prod as frenching kissing a leper would a germaphobe . I learned to separate the small number of murderers from the good people, which helped me when I served in the army though many of the soldiers I knew were anti-Catholic , not only did they not see them as people but I wondered if they saw them as human at times.
The same thing is happening again, this time with Muslims. Good people are having their reason turned to hate due to the terrorist acts of the Muslim extremists. The news floods our heads with stories of how these people want to kill and do kill us merely for what we are.
Our ancient tribal DNA gets awakened and we see these different looking people as a threat, even the Pakkie serving in the corner shop is eyed suspiciously, did Pakistan not help Al Qaeda in Afghanistan? The lack of reason leads to bigotry and hatred and thus making us weak and divided as a people. The Muslim community must come out and show people they aren't all evil bombers and are against those who are , none of this, "we may call death to the west to America and Britain but we just mean the leaders, not the people." Wise up, stop slitting hairs and take a stand, they may be crap leaders but they are our leaders and to blow them up you don't have any trouble going through half of London or New York to get them, take a stand against the suicide bombers and help us get them so we don't count you as our enemy because right now you are making it easy to do so.
Christians are just as guilty as Muslims for killing in the name of religion but these mongs don't speak for everyone there are good people on both sides we must cut out the bad ones like a cancer. Judge by actions not what you are.

No comments: